The Metropolitan Club
An individually listed DC Historic Landmark, this Renaissance Revival building was built in 1908 by the prominent New York architectural firm of Heins and Lafarge, who also designed St. Matthew’s Cathedral in Washington. An exterior easement was granted in the 1980’s to the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Projects include a recently completed facade restoration project consisting of extensive repointing of the limestone mortar joints of the exterior masonry walls and decorative stonework. The work included injection grouting and stone repair with the Jaan restoration mortar system at numerous deteriorated locations.
Current projects include renovations of the existing squash courts and an expansion of the athletic department.
The facade work was conducted with the approval of the National Trust. In addition to submittal and approval of drawings and specifications, the review process included numerous site visits with a Trust representative to review and approve repointing protocols, materials and color samples.
Lipscomb General Contractor